The Traditional climbing camp in Wadi Rum was designed to introduce traditional climbing, to both non-experienced & experienced climbers, while enjoying the serenity of one of the most beautiful and unique places on earth. Wadi Rum Traditional climbing routes rank from fairly easy routes to more challenging ones, thus catering to your personal climbing level. You will find that Wadi Rum can provide you with vast activities such as easy to strenuous hikes, group and individual climbing guides, evening gathering and more.
Come and enjoy nature, become part of the climbing community and have a cold beer after a good day of sand stone climbing.
Please note that if you are not a skilled Trad climber, it is advised to hire a climbing guide for your own enjoyment and safety.
VENUE & DATES
• Venue – Wadi Rum guest house at Rum village.
• Dates – March 27 – April 1, 2013
• Arrival – Thursday 27 March throughout the morning (short day).
• Departure – Tuesday 1 April at midday (short day).
TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION
• Participants are responsible for making their own travel arrangements to Israel\Jordan.
• Nearest airport – Eilat, Israel & Aqaba, Egypt.
• The ILCC will pick up guests on March 27th from Eilat "Rabin" border crossing between 6:30am and 9:00am.
• The ILCC will drop off guests on March 31st at "Rabin" border crossing at varying times.
• Accommodation will be provided by the ILCC.
Travel Selection Form
• Camp organizers (Before the camp date):
Eyal +972-54-7677-636, Matan +972-50-774-1956
• Wadi Rum camp (during the camp, local Jordanian number): will be available a month prior to the camp at the ILCC web site.
WADI RUM CAMP FACILITIES
• Bedouin tents: concrete floor + mattresses.
• Personal tents for rent, for additional fee.
• Outdoor perimeter for personal tents (no additional fee required).
• Electricity (220V).
• Showers and bathrooms.
• Cooking perimeter: Gas, basic cooking-ware, basic cleaning-ware.
• Tables and chairs for dining.
• Fresh water for drinking.
• Fill out the Registration, Travel and Payment forms and send them by Email to:email@example.com
• Arriving to Israel - 500, Arriving directly to Wadi Rum - 350
Both prices include a yearly ILCC membership (mandatory).
• All payments will be charged in NIS only.
• Payment options are available in the Payment form.
• Border transfer fees (Jordan) and climbing equipment transfer fees
• Private bus from Israel to Wadi Rum
• Jordanian guide escort on arrival & departure days
• Tourist police services & escort throughout the stay at Wadi Rum
• Israel Climbers Club representative to manage camp
• Evening activities
• Maps for independent hikers
• discount on all climbing gear at the Alpine Style climbing shop in Tel-Aviv a week prior to the event
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
• Arrival at the “Rabin” border passes
• Border taxes (Israel)
• Climbing gear for the independent climbers (Trad gear will be included in the guided packages)
• Personal gear
• Travel insurance
• Late arrival to Wadi Rum
• Guided hiking tours and climbing guides for specific climbing expeditions to accommodate your climbing levels
EQUIPMENT LIST (RECOMMENDED)
• Climbing helmet
• Climbing gear
• Trad gear- for independent climbers
• Head lamp
• Lead bag for water & food while climbing
• Tent - if you do not wish to sleep in the communal tent
• Hiking shoes
• First aid
• Warm clothes - Wadi Rum is a desert and temperatures decrease at night
• Sleeping bag
• Sleeping matters
• Cooking essentials
• Camera & extra batteries
• Water bottles to be refilled with water each day
If anyone has any slideshows, short films or presentations that may be of interest please let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will do our best to schedule these in to the evening program.
• Event report from the ILCC Wadi Rum traditional climbing camp 2012 http://www.ilcc.co.il/he/events/wadirum2013/en/wadirum2012report.pdf
• Guide book: http://amzn.com/1852842547
• ILCC Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/IsraelClimbersClub